Tuesday 20 January 2015

Well, well, well!

My goodness I am so embarrassed that I haven't updated my blog for so long. But I do have a good excuse - I was busy, busy, busy writing three books and setting up other aspects of my business. So let me share the news with you now....

 
The Mammoth Book of Madonna is out in the UK in April, and the USA in May. To say I am excited would be an understatement, and I absolutely love the cover. I haven't seen the physical book yet but I have seen the layouts and it is really lovely. I am a  huge Madonna fan as you know, so to have written a celebration of her life and work has been a dream-come-true for me. I can't wait to see what it looks like, and I'm very anxious to see it published. Oh and also my publisher is busy looking into selling overseas rights as we speak, so watch this space for further news as I get it.

You can order the UK version of the book here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madonna-Michelle-Morgan/dp/1472118863/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421757896&sr=8-1&keywords=madonna+michelle+morgan

And the USA version of the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/Mammoth-Book-Madonna-Michelle-Morgan/dp/0762456213/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421758014&sr=8-1&keywords=madonna+michelle+morgan

***

Before Marilyn: The Blue Book Modelling Years by myself and Astrid Franse, will be out in the UK in July. As we speak, the publisher is just putting the finishing touches to the cover design, and as soon as I have a green light, I will share it here. I must say that the cover as I have seen it, is bright, colourful and very, very beautiful. I'm sure it won't disappoint!

The book itself was finished at the end of October and sent to the publisher in November. Astrid and I worked very hard to make sure that the text and photos were delivered to the publisher on time, and now we are waiting for the edits and layouts to arrive. I for one cannot wait to see what the publisher does with the materials. The book was hard work due to the volume of materials involved, and a lot of time was spent organising everything. But this book is one-of-a-kind and I am so pleased to have been asked to provide the text for it. The story of Marilyn's association with the Blue Book Agency has never been fully told until now, and it is a story that will take the reader on a voyage of different emotions, from hopeful to happy, to sad and heart-breaking. It made me smile and shed the odd tear, and I am sure when I see what the book finally looks like, I will shed many more.

The UK will see the release in early July. As yet there are no dates for the rest of the world,(but watch this space for further details). It is - of course - available to order from all the usual online sources around the world, including Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Before-Marilyn-Blue-Modelling-Years/dp/0750961171/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421758134&sr=1-1&keywords=before+Marilyn

***

My Thelma Todd book has been renamed The Ice Cream Blonde and will be published by Chicago Review Press in the USA in October. The book was finished in September and the publisher is in the process of organising the line edits as we speak. I don't mind telling you that I'm kind of dreading the edits coming in, because this was a huge story with many twists and turns, especially towards the end. I'm sure there will be many questions to answer, but I know that by the end of the process, there will be a book that is concise, informative and worthwhile. I think it is one of the most rewarding books I have ever worked on, and I'm very, very proud that I was able to tackle it with the respect that Thelma deserves. I grew to love her so much during the research and writing of the book and I know that I will adore and collect items related to her, for the rest of my life.

The publisher is working on the cover at the moment and I will share it as soon as I am able to. I can tell you that from the sample I've been sent, it is one of the best covers I have ever seen in my entire life. I can't wait to share it with you all.

The book is not on Amazon just yet, but I will be sure to post the links as soon as it is.

***

The Carole Lombard book is with my agent, and doing the rounds with publishers as we speak. I will let you know when I have some firm news, but I am very keen to get it finished and out in the next year. Watch this space!!

***

 
I have written an article for Vintage Life magazine recently, which deals with old magazine adverts and the often crazy and funny things they tried to sell us 'back in the day.' I am told it will be in a future edition of the magazine - I'm thinking probably April time - but I will let you know when I hear more.
 
***
 
As I look to the future, I am very excited and happy to announce that I have added another branch to my career. Inspired by the many questions and emails I have had over the years, I have created The Writers' Study, a series of courses and workshops for creative people. These workshops are designed to inspire, motivate and inform people who are interested not only the business of writing, but in using the art to release their own creativity.
 
I have created a special blog especially for The Writers' Study and it can be viewed here:
 
 
The first course will be announced very soon, so check it out!
 
***
 
I think that's about all I can share with you right now. I have lots of plans and projects that are quietly bubbling away, and I will be happy to share those when I can. Until then, Happy New Year and I hope that 2015 is a good one for all of us.
 
Warmly
 
Michelle
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: